The Bill of Rights (Second Edition)
We value your feedback. Please click here to take a brief survey.
This engaging and interactive lesson is hosted by the museum’s education staff and scholars. Give your students a “hall pass” to travel through American history—without leaving the classroom! Constitution Hall Pass video lessons and live chats are a hit with millions of students and teachers nationwide. “Constitution Day 2014: The Bill of Rights” provides a behind-the-scenes look at how these 10 amendments were created and interpreted.
- DISCOVER the roots of the Bill of Rights in the Revolutionary War and the state constitutions
- VISIT the Constitutional Convention to listen in on the debates about a bill of rights
- HEAR the voices of the ratifying conventions as they influenced James Madison’s work in writing the Bill of Rights
- LEARN what the Bill of Rights actually says—and how long it’s taken to make those rights a reality
- EXPLORE the process of judicial review and the ways citizens use the courts to bring the Bill of Rights to life