William Howard Taft and the Constitution
In his new book for The American Presidents Series, the National Constitution Center’s President and CEO Jeffrey Rosen argues that William Howard Taft was our most judicial president and presidential Chief Justice and explores Taft’s crucial role in shaping how America balances populism with the rule of law. In this exclusive book launch, Rosen will be interviewed by Judge Douglas Ginsburg, who calls Taft “the most under-appreciated constitutional figure since George Mason.” A book signing with Jeffrey Rosen will follow the program.
NEW! Program attendees can now pre-order books by featured Town Hall speakers with a 25% discount when registering. Pre-ordered books will be available for pickup at registration upon arrival. Copies of William Howard Taft: The American Presidents Series: The 27th President, 1909-1913 will be available for sale at the museum before and after the program.
Watch this America’s Town Hall program live at constitutioncenter.org/live.
Event & Parking Information
- Registration is recommended for all programs. Call 215-409-6700 or click here to reserve your seats.
- For faster check-in you can now present your eTicket at registration.
- Seating begins one hour prior to program start time, and programs last approximately one hour unless otherwise noted. Programs begin promptly and latecomers may not be admitted.
- Please note programs are subject to change; call the National Constitution Center or check our website for updated information.
- Parking will be available for $10 at the National Constitution Center parking garage located at the rear of the building on Race Street between 5th and 6th streets on a first-come, first-served basis. Pick up your discounted parking voucher at registration.