Challenges to Religious Liberty Today
From nuns seeking exemptions from health care mandates to a baker who refused to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple, questions about religion and the Constitution are at the center of our national debate. Join us for a conversation with legal experts from differing perspectives, including Stephanie Barclay, Elizabeth Clark, Tobias Wolff, and Robin Fretwell Wilson, exploring what happens when religious liberty collides with anti-discrimination laws and regulations protecting LGBTQ and other minority groups.
This program is presented in partnership with Interfaith Philadelphia and as part of their year-long civil dialogue series, A Year of Civil Conversations.
This program is available for 1.0 substantive CLE credit. The National Constitution Center regularly applies for and receives CLE credit in PA, CA, NY, IL, TX, and DE for live events. Credit is also available in AK, AZ, CO, CT, NH, and NJ. All other U.S. jurisdictions allow attorneys to self-apply for credit for live events held outside their state.
Watch this America's Town Hall program live at constitutioncenter.org/live.
Event & Parking Information
- Registration is recommended for all programs. Call 215-409-6700 or click "Buy Tickets" above to reserve your seats.
- For faster check-in you can now present your eTicket at registration.
- Seating begins one hour prior to program start time, and programs last approximately one hour unless otherwise noted. Programs begin promptly and latecomers may not be admitted.
- Please note programs are subject to change; call the National Constitution Center or check our website for updated information.
- Parking will be available for $10 at the National Constitution Center parking garage located at the rear of the building on Race Street between 5th and 6th streets on a first-come, first-served basis. Pick up your discounted parking voucher at registration.