Gerrymandering and the Future of American Democracy
Full view tickets for this event are sold out. Obstructed view seating, located behind the speakers in the Sydney Kimmel Theater, are now available at a discounted rate.
In the Gill case this year, the Supreme Court will determine the constitutional future of partisan gerrymandering. Join the scholars and advocates whose arguments are at the heart of the case, including Erin Murphy and Nicholas Stephanopoulos, to explore whether and how the Constitution might be interpreted to limit partisan gerrymandering and why it matters for American democracy. Then, hear from Caroline Fredrickson, president of the American Constitution Society, Nolan McCarty, professor of politics and public affairs at Princeton University, and David Wasserman, house editor for The Cook Political Report, in a second panel as they explore practical effects of gerrymandering, including its impact on polarization and competitive elections.
This program has been approved for 1.5 credits of CLE in Pennsylvania. Please note, there is a fee of $55 for Members and $60 for Non-Members seeking CLE credit. Fees can be paid when reserving your seats.
Watch this America’s Town Hall program live at constitutioncenter.org/live.
Event & Parking Information
- Registration is recommended for all programs. Obstructed View tickets located behind the speakers are now available. Call 215-409-6700 or click here to reserve your seats.
- For faster check-in you can now present your eTicket at registration.
- Seating begins one hour prior to program start time, and programs last approximately one hour unless otherwise noted. Programs begin promptly and latecomers may not be admitted.
- Please note programs are subject to change; call the National Constitution Center or check our website for updated information.
- Parking will be available for $9 at the National Constitution Center parking garage located at the rear of the building on Race Street between 5th and 6th streets on a first-come, first-served basis. Pick up your discounted parking voucher at registration.