Geoffrey Stone: Sex, Religion, and the Constitution
Geoffrey Stone, leading constitutional scholar and author of Sex and the Constitution, traces the evolution of legal and moral codes that have attempted to legislate issues as explosive and divisive as abortion, same-sex marriage, pornography, and contraception, from the ancient world to today. Michael Gerhardt, scholar-in-residence at the National Constitution Center, moderates.
A book sale and signing of Sex and the Constitution: Sex, Religion, and Law from America's Origins to the Twenty-First Century will follow the program.
Event & Parking Information
- Registration is recommended for all programs. Seating for this program in the Kirby Auditorium is at capacity.
- For faster check-in you can now present your eTicket at registration.
- Seating begins one hour prior to program start time, and programs last approximately one hour unless otherwise noted. Programs begin promptly and latecomers may not be admitted.
- Please note programs are subject to change; call the National Constitution Center or check our website for updated information.
- Parking will be available for $9 at the National Constitution Center parking garage located at the rear of the building on Race Street between 5th and 6th streets on a first-come, first-served basis. Pick up your discounted parking voucher at registration.