America’s leading Civil War and Reconstruction historians David Blight, Eric Foner, and Thavolia Glymph, explore the meaning of freedom, equality, and emancipation as part of the Constitution Center’s celebration of the 150th anniversary of the 14th Amendment to the Constitution. Michael Gerhardt, scholar-in-residence at the National Constitution Center, moderates.
Copies of Beyond Freedom: Disrupting the History of Emancipation will be available for sale in our Museum Store before and after the program. NEW! Program attendees can now pre-order books by featured Town Hall speakers with a 25% discount when registering. Pre-ordered books will be available for pickup at registration upon arrival.
This program has been approved for 1.0 credit of CLE in Pennsylvania. Please note, there is a fee of $35 for Members and $40 for Non-Members seeking CLE credit. Fees can be paid when reserving your seats.
Watch this America’s Town Hall program live at constitutioncenter.org/live.
Event & Parking Information
- Registration is recommended for all programs. Call 215-409-6700 or click here to reserve your seats.
- For faster check-in you can now present your eTicket at registration.
- Seating begins one hour prior to program start time, and programs last approximately one hour unless otherwise noted. Programs begin promptly and latecomers may not be admitted.
- Please note programs are subject to change; call the National Constitution Center or check our website for updated information.
- Parking will be available for $9 at the National Constitution Center parking garage located at the rear of the building on Race Street between 5th and 6th streets on a first-come, first-served basis. Pick up your discounted parking voucher at registration.