Educator Open House for Capture the Moment
Please RSVP in advance to reserve your spot. Call 215-409-6800 or email [email protected] Join us at a special FREE night for educators at the National Constitution Center.
Leave the kids at school and take a trip with your colleagues to the Museum of We the People. Educators will be the first to view our must-see feature exhibition Capture the Moment: The Pulitzer Prize Photographs before it opens to the public!
PLUS: Special Continuing Education Program for Act 48 Credit Current Constitutional Issues Debated in YOUR Classroom! 4:30 - 5:15 p.m., F.M. Kirby Auditorium at the National Constitution Center.
After the program, educators will receive essential tools and resources to bring the conversation into the classroom—from elementary to high school.
Attendees will also have an exclusive opportunity to learn more about the new We the Civics Kids elementary school curriculum, created by the National Constitution Center in partnership with Arcadia University.
Join the National Constitution Center for a moderated conversation between National Constitution Center President and CEO Jeffrey Rosen and Judge Marjorie Rendell, a federal judge on the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. This engaging program will explore recent court cases relevant to students, including those addressing First Amendment protections and the evolving role of social media. Educators will learn new ways to bring these court cases into the classroom and come away with useful resources. Educators will receive Act 48 credit.
Who should attend the Educator Open House?
- Homeschool educators
- School district administrators
- Student teachers
- Get FREE admission to the National Constitution Center, including main and feature exhibitions
- Learn about the museum’s innovative civic education resources, trainings, programs, tools, and field trips
- Attend presentations and gather information from our local museum and cultural partners
- Receive FREE classroom-ready resources
- Enjoy FREE light refreshments
- Enter to win a FREE Field Trip and other door prizes courtesy of the National Constitution Center Group Sales Department Event Admission and Registration
- Free for registered educators only
Due to space limitations, children, family members, and guests may not attend open house .
Call 215-409-6800 or email [email protected]
Be sure to type Educators’ Open House 2013 in the subject line.
Please include your name and contact information, school, grade, subject you teach, number of teachers and other adults who will attend with you.