Bruce Ackerman: Revolutionary Constitutions
Join renowned constitutional scholar Bruce Ackerman as he discusses his new book, Revolutionary Constitutions: Charismatic Leadership and the Rule of Law―an exploration of the origins, successes, and threats to revolutionary constitutionalism around the world. Ackerman uses lessons from popular movements and their campaigns for constitutional democracy around the world—including the American founding—to provide new insights into how to address the constitutional challenges we see today. Jeffrey Rosen, president and CEO of the National Constitution Center, moderates.
Copies of Revolutionary Constitutions can be pre-purchased at checkout or purchased onsite at the program. A book signing with Bruce Ackerman will follow the program.
Watch this America's Town Hall program live at constitutioncenter.org/live.
Continuing Legal Education Credit
CLE accreditation pending. This program is available for 1.0 substantive CLE credit. The National Constitution Center regularly applies for and receives CLE credit in PA, CA, NY, IL, TX, and DE for live events. Credit is also available in AK, AZ, CO, CT, NH, and NJ. All other U.S. jurisdictions allow attorneys to self-apply for credit for live events held outside their state. For more information and to view all of the Center's in-person and on-demand CLE offerings, visit constitutioncenter.org/CLE.
Event & Parking Information
- Registration is recommended for all programs. Call 215-409-6700 during museum hours or click “Get Tickets” above to reserve your seats.
- Seating begins one hour prior to program start time. Programs begin promptly and latecomers may not be admitted.
- For faster check-in you can now present your eTicket for program entry.
- Programs are subject to change. Please check our website for the most up-to-date information.
- Parking availability at the Center's garage will be posted two weeks prior to the program.