Public Relations Intern
Department: Public Engagement
REPORTS TO: Director of Public Relations
FLSA STATUS: Internship
The National Constitution Center, located on Philadelphia's Independence Mall, is the first museum in the world dedicated to honoring and explaining the U.S. Constitution through more than 100 interactive and multi-media exhibits, artifacts and film. The Center also houses the Annenberg Center for Education and Outreach, which serves as a hub for national constitutional education, debates, teacher resources and as a home for visiting scholars and experts.
The Public Relations Intern will have the opportunity to work with the Center’s PR team, on projects and day-to-day tasks designed to provide broad exposure to the PR field.
- Writing media alerts and news releases
- Helping to coordinate and execute press events
- Interacting with press at Museum programs and events (may require some evenings, holidays, and weekends)
- Assisting with photo shoots and television filmings
- Maintaining local, regional, and national press lists
- Compiling press kits
- Assisting in the monitoring and tracking of press coverage
- Developing content for the museum’s social media channels.
- Helping with National Constitution Center promotional street teams and other marketing initiatives as needed.
- College junior or senior who has completed at least three public relations courses, including one writing course
- Candidate should have some public relations writing skills and a basic knowledge of media relations
- Must be available at least two full days per week
TO APPLY: Click here for information