Policies & Guidelines
The F.M. Kirby Auditorium, John C. Bogle Chairman’s Room, Private Dining Room, and Freedom Classroom are the only spaces available for private rental during museum hours. All other event spaces are available before 9:30 a.m. and after 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday, and before noon and after 6 p.m. on Sundays. There are instances in which the Grand Hall Overlook or Delegates’ Cafe may be available on a semi-private basis during museum hours, at the discretion of the Constitution Center.
Event Setup/Breakdown, Deliveries, Storage, and Cleanup
Following receipt of the Event Sponsor’s contract and deposit requirements, details for the event setup may be coordinated with the Facility Rentals Department. Listed below are basic procedural regulations to be followed by the Event Sponsor. Any departure from these guidelines must be reviewed and approved through the Facility Rentals Department prior to setup.
- Setup may begin on the Grand Hall Overlook no earlier than 4 p.m. and no later than 5 p.m. in the Grand Hall Lobby.
- Facility Rental Fee includes two (2) hours for setup before the event begins and one (1) hour for breakdown after the event is over. If the event breakdown exceeds the one-hour time limit, the Event Sponsor must pay to the National Constitution Center an additional charge of $30 per hour for a building representative to remain onsite until the breakdown process has ended.
- Deliveries may be accepted no earlier than 48 hours before the event date and should be arranged through your Facility Rentals representatives. Deliveries must take place during regular business hours. Items can be stored for a maximum of 24 hours prior to and/or following the event and the National Constitution Center assumes no responsibility for these items.
- No hand trucks, dollies, or carts will be provided by the National Constitution Center.
- All materials brought onsite by Event Sponsor must be disposed of at the end of the event and all boxes must be broken down and placed in an area approved by your onsite event facilitator. A $150 clean- up fee will be charged to the Event Sponsor for any cleanup/debris removal needed following the event.