March 26, 2011, 1:45 – 3:45 p.m.
Session 4: Religion
- Erik Owens, Associate Director, Boisi Center for Religion and American Public Life; Adjunct Assistant Professor of Theology and International Studies, Boston College (moderator)
- Jeff Bundy, Community Relations Manager, WHYY
- Francis Graham Lee, Professor of Political Science, St. Joseph’s University
- Jeanne Halgren Kilde, Director, Religious Studies Program, University of Minnesota
- Thomas Kidd, Associate Professor of History and Senior Fellow, Institute for Studies of Religion, Baylor University
- Munir Kreidie, teacher, Kensington CAPA
- Susan Meyer, Senior Director, Marketing, Communications, and Organizational Development, WOSU Public Media
- Laurence Tom, pastor, Chinese Christian Church and Center
Guiding Questions for Discussion
Is there a religious obligation to become an active participant in society? How does religion create both civility and incivility?
Is civility and manners the same?
Can religion aid in teaching civility?