The Constitution and the Common Core
Saturday, October 6, 2012
8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Join us for a workshop exploring the ratification debates surrounding the U.S. Constitution. This program is presented in partnership with Franklin’s Opus, which promotes the teaching of substantive American history to students from kindergarten to college and on through adulthood.
During this workshop, educators will:
- engage with the content and conflicts of the Federalist and Anti-Federalist debates
- investigate primary sources that bring history to life
- learn more about teaching the elements of the Constitution that appear in the Common Core State Standards
- hear from renowned experts in teaching and content
- walk away with practical tools for use in their classroom
All participants will receive curriculum development training, free classroom materials, breakfast and lunch, and admission to the National Constitution Center for the day. Teachers will be eligible for Act 48 Continuing Education Units at the completion of the workshop.
The seminar rate is $25. For information and reservations, visit http://franklinsopus.org/upcoming-classes/