Volunteering at the National Constitution Center is a great way to get involved in your community while learning more about America’s constitutional history. Plus, you can build your résumé and enhance your public-speaking skills.
Volunteers play an essential role at the museum. By contributing your time and knowledge, you can learn something new, share what you already know, meet new people, and have fun!
- Free admission to the museum
- Discounts at the museum store and restaurant
- Free onsite parking
- Invitations to special events and programs
- Training opportunities
- Opportunity to earn a free membership
- Be at least 15 years old
- Be friendly and outgoing and enjoy working with people
- Have an interest in history
- Be able to stand for extended periods of time
The National Constitution Center offers a variety of opportunities to volunteer as a valuable member of our team. Volunteer opportunities are available seven days a week during regular museum hours. Volunteers may also have the opportunity to assist with evening programs and special events.
- Visitor Services Volunteer
- Volunteers must commit to at least one day a week and a minimum of four hours each time they volunteer.
- Volunteer opportunities are available seven days a week during regular museum hours.
- Volunteers may also have the opportunity to assist with evening programs and other special events.
- All volunteers are required to attend a mandatory orientation session with Human Resources and their department prior to beginning their volunteering.
- Training is provided by the Constitution Center staff of the department in which the volunteer is working.
Volunteer Certification Requirements
Prior to starting at the National Constitution Center, Volunteers are required to complete the three below certifications:
1. Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check
2. ChildLine (Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance through the Department of Human Services)
3. FBI Criminal Background Check (fingerprint check) for federal criminal history records
The National Constitution Center will cover all fees pertaining to these certifications. More information will be provided if offered a volunteer position.
If you are interested in volunteering, you may choose any of the following options:
- Download a PDF of the application here, print it out, complete it, and mail it to the address listed on the application or fax it to 215.409.6650.
- Email email@example.com to request an application.
Placement in the volunteer program is by interview only. Once your application is received, we will call you if we would like to arrange an interview.
To request an application, please contact us using the information below:
525 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106