Department: Public Engagement
REPORTS TO: National Programs Coordinator
FLSA STATUS: Internship
The National Constitution Center is the first and only nonprofit, nonpartisan institution devoted to the most powerful vision of freedom ever expressed: the U.S. Constitution. The Center illuminates constitutional ideals and inspires active citizenship through a state-of-the-art museum experience, including hundreds of interactive exhibits, films and rare artifacts; must-see feature exhibitions; the internationally acclaimed, 360-degree theatrical production Freedom Rising; and the iconic Signers' Hall, where visitors can sign the Constitution alongside 42 life-size, bronze statues of the Founding Fathers. As America's forum for constitutional dialogue, the Center engages diverse, distinguished leaders of government, public policy, journalism and scholarship in timely public discussions and debates. The Center also houses the Annenberg Center for Education and Outreach, the national hub for constitutional education, which offers cutting-edge civic learning resources both onsite and online.
1. Research program topics and speakers for existing and future events.
2. Prepare invitations to prospective speakers as well as event proposals and descriptions.
3. Attend meetings involved in national programming and initiatives.
4. Assist with event set-up and preparation.
5. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Reliable, detail-oriented individual with an interest in history, political science or related field.
2. Must have good writing and communication skills.
3. Must have good computer skills.
4. Must be available 3 days per week during and be willing to stay for some evening programs.
To apply for a position online, please send your resume, including salary requirements, directly to email@example.com
National Constitution Center
525 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
No telephone calls, please