Department: Visitor Experience and Education
REPORTS TO: Marketing Coordinator
FLSA STATUS: Internship
The National Constitution Center, located on Philadelphia's Independence Mall, is the first museum in the world dedicated to honoring and explaining the U.S. Constitution through more than 100 interactive and multi-media exhibits, artifacts and film. The Center also houses the Annenberg Center for Education and Outreach, which serves as a hub for national constitutional education, debates, teacher resources and as a home for visiting scholars and experts.
The Marketing Intern will have the opportunity to work with the Center’s marketing team, on projects and day-to-day tasks designed to provide broad exposure to the marketing field.
- Assist Marketing Department in development of promotions, internally and externally
- Telemarketing: Cold calling to area companies to request that they display our information in their venues.
- Guidebook Listings: follow-up on all published and electronically produced guide books, including Frommers, AAA, etc., to ensure that the Center is listed appropriately
- Street Team Captain: Overseeing the Center’s Street Teams in distribution of brochures, etc. for effective guerilla marketing
- Attend conventions, trade shows, and other events as needed to distribute materials and help with the promotion of the Center. (Some weekends may be necessary)
- Conduct daily visits to the Independence Visitor Center to maintain the NCC’s promotional presence by ensuring all promotional materials are well-organized and fully-stocked.
- Assist the marketing department with upcoming promotions through brainstorming, planning, organizing, and executing promotional events
- Assist with designing flyers for upcoming promotions.
- Assist with finding new ways to market temporary exhibits, and targeting new audiences.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Full-time student, currently enrolled in a 4-year undergraduate program at an accredited college or university
- Must know how to handle confidential information
- Strong computer skills especially with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good writing and communications skills
- Must be available 2 days per week during regular business hours, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.