Human Resources Intern
Department: HR & Administration
REPORTS TO: Human Resources Manager
FLSA STATUS: Internship
The National Constitution Center, located on Philadelphia's Independence Mall, is the first museum in the world dedicated to honoring and explaining the U.S. Constitution through more than 100 interactive and multi-media exhibits, artifacts and film. The Center also houses the Annenberg Center for Education and Outreach, which serves as a hub for national constitutional education, debates, teacher resources and as a home for visiting scholars and experts.
The Human Resources Intern will have the opportunity to work with the Center’s human resources team, on projects to provide broad exposure to the human resources field. The Human Resources Intern will gain exposure to many different HR areas such has recruiting, onboarding, benefits administration, and training.
- Provide administrative support to the Human Resources Department
- Assist in recruiting for paid positions and volunteers
- Respond to outside inquiries about employment and volunteering
- Provide support to Human Resources Manager with internship program
- Assist with onboarding new employees and volunteers
- Assist with benefit open enrollment period
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Full-time student, currently enrolled in a 4-year undergraduate program at an accredited college or university
- Must know how to handle confidential information
- Strong computer skills especially with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good writing and communications skills
- Must be available 2 days per week during regular business hours, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.