Department: Education and Exhibits
REPORTS TO: Senior Exhibits Manager
FLSA STATUS: Internship
The National Constitution Center, located on Philadelphia's Independence Mall, is the first museum in the world dedicated to honoring and explaining the U.S. Constitution through more than 100 interactive and multi-media exhibits, artifacts and film. The Center also houses the Annenberg Center for Education and Outreach, which serves as a hub for national constitutional education, debates, teacher resources and as a home for visiting scholars and experts.
The Exhibits Intern will have the opportunity to work with the Center’s Exhibits teams, on projects and day-to-day tasks designed to provide broad exposure to the field.
- Assist in office tasks that support the preparation of exhibition installments, cataloguing historical documents and artifacts, assisting in research, evaluations, and development and installation of our traveling exhibitions.
- Museum Studies majors are encouraged to apply.
- Internship is open to recently graduated undergraduates, and graduate students.
- Ability to communicate well, orally and in writing
- Computer skills and some basic graphic/design skills
- Interest in history or political science and future museum work
- Ability to work well in teams
- Previous experience working with the public or in research a plus
- Must be available 10 full weeks
- BA or BS degree required