Exhibit Educator Volunteer
Department: Education and Exhibits
REPORTS TO: Museum Programs & Training Manager
FLSA STATUS: Volunteer
The National Constitution Center is the first and only nonprofit, nonpartisan institution devoted to the most powerful vision of freedom ever expressed: the U.S. Constitution. The Center illuminates constitutional ideals and inspires active citizenship through a state-of-the-art museum experience, including hundreds of interactive exhibits, films and rare artifacts; must-see feature exhibitions; the internationally acclaimed, 360-degree theatrical production Freedom Rising; and the iconic Signers' Hall, where visitors can sign the Constitution alongside 42 life-size, bronze statues of the Founding Fathers. As America's forum for constitutional dialogue, the Center engages diverse, distinguished leaders of government, public policy, journalism and scholarship in timely public discussions and debates. The Center also houses the Annenberg Center for Education and Outreach, the national hub for constitutional education, which offers cutting-edge civic learning resources both onsite and online.
Exhibit educator volunteers work in the museum’s exhibit areas teaching visitors about constitutional history and about the Center.
Volunteers typically assist with:
- Greeting visitors
- Staffing posts within the exhibits
- Answering questions about the exhibits
- Helping visitors use the devices in the exhibits
- Providing hands-on learning activities and demonstrations
Volunteer opportunities are available seven days a week during regular museum hours. Volunteers may also have the opportunity to assist with evening programs and special events.
- Be outgoing and friendly and enjoy working with children and adults in a fun, interactive style
- Have a background or interest in history
- Be able to stand for extended periods of time
How to Apply
If you are interested in volunteering, you may choose any of the following options:
- Complete the online volunteer application here.
- Download a PDF of the application here, print it out, complete it, and mail it to the address listed on the application or fax it to 215.409.6650.
- Call the Human Resources Department at 215.409.6691 to request an application.
- Email email@example.com to request an application.
Placement in the volunteer program is by interview only. Once your application is received, we will call you if we would like to arrange an interview.