Department: Education and Exhibits
REPORTS TO: Education Manager
FLSA STATUS: Internship
The National Constitution Center, located on Philadelphia's Independence Mall, is the first museum in the world dedicated to honoring and explaining the U.S. Constitution through more than 100 interactive and multi-media exhibits, artifacts and film. The Center also houses the Annenberg Center for Education and Outreach, which serves as a hub for national constitutional education, debates, teacher resources and as a home for visiting scholars and experts. The Joseph and Marie Field Resource Center houses lesson plans, references, computers with internet access, textbooks and classroom instructional materials.
The Education Intern will work closely with the Education Department staff on a variety of assignments ranging from research to curriculum development and high-profile events. The intern will also assist with day-to-day tasks that are designed to provide broad exposure to civic learning methods and the mission of the National Constitution Center.
- Research for special projects and curriculum development
- Assist with major national programs such as Constitution Day, National History Day and others
- Maintain Educator Database (data entry function)
- Other related tasks as assigned
- Full-time student, currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Interest in current events, the U.S. Constitution and education preferred
- Reliable, detail-oriented
- Must be available 10 – 15 hours per week during regular business hours, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.